According to a forecast by Refinitiv Commodities Research, the corn production in Brazil will reach 127.5 million tons in 2022/23 (+1% compared to the previous estimate and 113.1 million tons in 2021/22).
– In 2022/23, the export of cereals from Russia is planned at the level of 55-60 million tons. The export quota over the period of 15.02 – 30.06.2023 is 22.5 million tons and is not planned to be reduced. Thus, the country will remain with high ending grain stocks.
– In 2022, rapeseed oil exports from Russia reach a record 969,000 tons. The main customers were China with a share of 69% of exports, Latvia with 10% and Lithuania with 7%.
– According to Rusagrotrans data, 4.54 million tons of wheat were exported from Russia in December (4.76 in November and 3.26 in December 2021). In January, 3.6 million tons are expected to be exported, including 1.35 million tons over the period of January 1 – 12.
– In the first half of January, 2.3 million tons of grain were exported from Ukraine (3.6 in the first 18 days of December), including 1.1 million tons of corn (-0.5) and 437,000 tons of wheat. Exports of sunseed oil were 93,000 tons (230,000).
– According to data from the British Statistical Office, 67,900 tons of wheat were imported into the country in November 2022 (128,200 in October), including 26,300 tons from Canada. Over the period of July – November, the import reached 552,300 tons (867,100 tons in the same period of the previous season), including 190,700 tons from Canada. In November, wheat exports were 112,900 tons (72,200 and 31,500), and over the July-November period wheat exports totalled 432,100 tons (201,800).
– According to NOPA’s estimate, 4.83 million tons of soybeans were processed in the United States in December 2023 (4.98 in forecasts, 4.88 in November and 5.1 in December 2021). At the end of December, soyoil stocks in the United States were 0.8 million tons (0.7 in November and 0.9 in December 2021).
– Yesterday, commodity funds in Chicago were net sellers of 3,500 contracts of corn, 5,000 contracts of soybeans and 5,5500 contracts of wheat.
– According to a forecast by Refinitiv Commodities Research, the corn production in Brazil will reach 127.5 million tons in 2022/23 (+1% compared to the previous estimate and 113.1 million tons in 2021/22). The average yield will reach 5.7 tons/hectare (5.2 last season), and corn areas are projected at 22.4 million hectares (+0.8).
– Tunisia has bought 125,000 tons of durum wheat of any origin at a price of 489.49 – 494.49 USD/ton C&F and delivery within the period of 15.02 – 05.04.2023.
– The authorities in Egypt have increased the prices for buying wheat from local farmers by 42% compared to last year. It is expected that 4 million tons of local wheat will be bought.